A meter-technician was surprised to find this grounded conductor inside an energized 480 volt gang-socket. The electrician wired it as a gang socket and the inspector never caught it because it was located behind the cover. When the meter-tech arrived to set a self-contained 16s meter, it was discovered. The electrician had to de-energize the entire complex to make repairs.
This is why we educate technicians to not energize these. If the tech had been one that is not as familiar with, or experienced, the result could have been quite different. There are a lot of mistakes out there just waiting for someone to cut a corner.